At this IfM Briefing, leading experts from the Institute for Manufacturing, including Carlos López-Gómez, draw lessons from the response of firms and governments to the COVID-19 pandemic, and look at how the manufacturing industry is likely to change and adapt in the months and years ahead.
Briefing running order
- Rapid repurposing: Lessons from the crisis response in the UK – Tim Minshall, Head, Institute for Manufacturing
- The role of automation and information: Operating safely and responding to changing priorities – Duncan McFarlane, Professor of Industrial Information Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Supply chain challenges: What are the future drivers of economic growth? – Jag Srai, Head, Centre for International Manufacturing, Institute for Manufacturing
- International policy responses: How manufacturing can emerge stronger – Carlos López-Gómez, Head, Policy Links, IfM Education and Consultancy Services
- Panel discussion - Moderated by Jonny Williamson, Editor, TheManufacturer.com